(For 4 large servings)
- Stewed onion :
- 2 medium units of onion
- 4 tablespoons of marigold oil
- Stuffed sweet potato:
- 2 large units of sweet potato
- 2 tablespoons butter (or vegan butter)
- 1 cup of Tika Hilo potatoes (to crown on top)
- coriander sauce:
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (hopefully homemade) (or vegan mayonnaise if that's your option)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened plain Greek yogurt (or two tablespoons oatmeal for vegans)
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 garlic clove, broken
- 1 cup coriander, washed and leafless
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of soy (what can we replace with?)
- 1 pinch of sugar
- Sea salt
- aluminum foil
For the coriander sauce: Just grind all the ingredients on the list and achieve a semi-creamy texture.
For the stewed onion: Heat a skillet over medium heat with the oil. Add the onions and cook slowly for 20 to 30 minutes until the onion is golden brown. Stir occasionally.
For the sweet potatoes: Preheat the oven to 200º C. Wrap the sweet potatoes in aluminum foil and cook for an hour or until soft (the time will depend on the size of the sweet potatoes).
Assembly: Once the sweet potatoes are roasted, take them out of the oven, cut them in two lengthwise and loosen the inner meat with the help of a spoon. Add a large tablespoon of butter (or v-butter) per sweet potato, add salt and pepper and stir carefully, taking care not to break the skin that is the container for everything. Add the stewed onion and mix again. Bathe on top with the coriander sauce and crown with the delicious Tika Hilo potatoes to give it a perfect little flavor and an ultra-needed touch of crunch. Luck!
Recipe Chef Jesús Gutiérrez